Friday, September 9, 2011

The art of making it up!

So, I like to think of myself as a seasoned bull-shitter! If you ask my sister about something I told you, she would probably start laughing and tell you I just made that up! This coming from the women who believes almost everything I tell her... Being a seasoned bullshitter also means you have the much needed ability to adapt and make shit up as you go. This ability of mine ties into all aspect of my life, including food!

So, lets talk about the art of making it up in the kitchen! I am sure every single one of you has walked into your kitchen, opened the refrigerator, opened the pantry, returned to the refrigerator and still had ZERO ideas on what you were going to prepare for dinner. The first step which is the most important, is to pick a protein & a starch! So, lets say you decide on chicken and pasta... The second step is to think of your favorite chicken & pasta dishes. Lets say I choose chicken alfredo, chicken noodle soup, and chicken Parmesan Do you have ALL the ingredients you need for any of those dishes? More than likely, NO! The third step is to deconstruct your favorite dishes and create a new one. So, you have already decided on chicken and pasta. Just narrow down your options from the ingredients you have in the fridge and pantry. Lets say you have lasagna noodles, pasta sauce, and your chicken. The fourth step is to take the ingredients you chose and construct a dish. Think to yourself, how can I put this together to make this a delicious, easy meal?? My pick would be chicken lasagna roll ups! Bread your chicken and bake in the over until done, at the same time boil your noodles. Cut up the cooked chicken into slices and mix with 1/2 cup of pasta sauce. Place the mixture at the top of your cooked noodle, and roll it up. Continue this process until all your noodles are done. Place the stuffed noodles into a butter baking dish, cover with remaining pasta sauce and shredded or parm cheese and bake for 20 min! BAM! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment